Founded in 1931 and based in Lausanne, the Swiss Vitamin Institute –SVI- (or Institut suisse des vitamines) is a Swiss law foundation (see http://www.swissvitamin.ch/vitamin-institute/
). The SVI maintains a leading position in the analysis of vitamins in food, pharmaceuticals and cosmetics, as well as in the analysis of biological samples (human and animal). The SVI was accredited in 2006 by the Swiss Accreditation Service (SAS)
as Testing laboratory for vitamin analyses in biological fluids in accordance with the Standard ISO/IEC 17025 (STS 0462).
The SVI is looking for a scientifically strong and entrepreneurial personality (M/F) as
Director of the Swiss Vitamin Institute (SVI)
You report to
the President of the Foundation Council (« Council ») and you mainly work
- internally with the members of the Council as well as all members of the SVI staff ; and
- externally with the SVI network (partners, clients), and with other stakeholders.
As Director of the SVI, you have the operational day-to-day responsibility
of the SVI in conformity with the strategic decisions taken by the Council.
Your main mission
includes but is not limited to
- ensuring top quality analyses;
- maintaining and developing the outstanding scientific reputation of the SVI, especially in the area of analytical methods and in the implementation of ISO 17025 ;
- developing the existing clinical research platform;
- managing the yearly budgets, and in particular monitoring the costs;
- enhancing the visibility of the SVI among potential partners and clients ;
- proposing to the Council measures to enhance the efficiency and performance of the SVI.
The SVI is interested in receiving applications from individuals meeting following requirements
- Education and experience:
- University degree (doctorate in chemistry, biology or equivalent) ;
- Several years experience in the vitamins area, in HPLC and LC-MS analytics, in microbiology, in new technologies;
- Several years experience in managing a team with a hands-on mindset;
- FAMH diploma and ISO 17025 experience will be an advantage;
- Academic affiliation will be an advantage.
- Personality, behaviours, values:
- Integrity, openness, passion, flexibility, sense of responsibility, entrepreneurial spirit;
- Business acumen;
- Strong organizational and planning skills ;
- Ability to treat a wide range of issues (science, IT, finances, HR, contract negotiations) ;
- Strong communication skills (verbal and in writing) ;
- Strong networking and interpersonal skills, openness to the external world ;
- Fluency (written and spoken) in French, English, German.
The SVI offers the opportunity to join a dynamic and well established group, the offices of which are located on the site of the Épalinges Biopôle. A competitive compensation package with a fixed salary and a variable part based on the reached objectives reflects the importance of this multi-faceted position.
Starting date: as soon as possible
Please send your application by email (HR@swissvitamin.ch
) by June 2, 2018 to Prof. Roger Darioli, MD, Prof hon UNIL, President of the SVI, c/o Institut Suisse des Vitamines, Route de la Corniche, 1, CH-1066 Épalinges